Being vegan, I struggle to find decent breakfasts when dining out. There aren’t a lot of vegan breakfast options available at all. The typical options include jam on toast, or beans on toast. Neither are majorly filling nor are they nutritious. This frustrates me as breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
My girlfriend and I are always experimenting with different breakfast ideas, trying to use up any ingredients we have handy and making something yummy.
For this breakfast recipe we also made a vegetarian friendly version, adding a poached egg. This recipe is highly nutritious, packed with antioxidants and is sure to fill you up and fuel you for that long day ahead.
1 Cup Mushrooms
1 Red Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Add oil to pan. Cut potatoes into chunks and add to the pan along with pepper and salt. Mix together and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for another 5-10 minutes until asparagus starts to soften.
- Add oil to a separate pan, along with the onion and garlic. Cook until brown.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Plate up the potatoes, add the onion mixture on top, serve with asparagus and sliced avocado, (topped with a poached egg if you are a vegetarian).
We hope you enjoy this recipe!