Wouldn’t it be great if when you got home after a long day of work, your dinner was already cooked and waiting for you?? This is why I LOVE my slow cooker! You can literally throw anything in, leave it to cook on low for 6-8 hours and it turns into a delicious, wholesome, warming meal and you have dinner waiting for you when you return home from work!
I had some veg that needed using up so I decided to put it into my slow cooker and wait to see what happened. For this meal I used;
2 Sweet Potatoes
1/2 Butternut Squash
1 Cup Red Lentils
1 Cup of Kale
1 Kali Vegetable Stock Cube
2 Tablespoons Vegetarian Gravy Granules
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
- Chop all vegetables and add to slow cooker,
- Add all other ingredients and cover with water.
- Turn slow cooker to low and leave for 6-8 hours.
- Peel and chop 2 sweet potatoes, add to pan and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Once potatoes have boiled, drain the water and mash.
- Serve with slow cooker concoction.