Having experimented once before with tinned jackfruit and being extremely impressed with the likeness It had to pulled pork, ive been dying to try it out again.
So, I decided to make pulled BBQ jackfruit burgers – this is such a quick and easy recipe that tastes extremely good!
These burgers are completely vegan and suitable for all foodie lovers!
If you would like to give this dish a try, then you will need the following :
1 tin of Jackfruit (In water, not brine)
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
3/4 Cup of BBQ Sauce
2 Wholegrain Buns
1 Sweet Potato
1. Rinse and drain the tinned jackfruit, then cut the centre ‘core’ portion of the jackfruit and discard.
2. Place the jackfruit in a mixing bowl with the sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to coat the jackfruit.
3. Heat a large pan/wok and add 2 Tsp of oil. Add seasoned jackfruit and cook for 2-3 minutes..
4. Add BBQ sauce and thin with water to make a sauce. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
5. In the meantime, cut the sweet potato into strips and add to pan. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Season to taste.
6. Mash avocado and season to taste. Spread onto wholegrain buns.
7. Once the jackfruit has been properly simmered, remove from heat and portion into wholegrain buns. Serve with sweet potato fries.
We hope you enjoy 🙂